Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0f3
Sprite packer causes Out of memory error
Unity editor crashes on sprite packing with out of memory exception, if there is not enough RAM. Tested with 4GB RAM
1. Open the project
2. Try to pack sprites using the DefaultPackerPolicy
Expected: sprites get packed
Actual: crash, with possible long freeze before it
Not reproduced on: 5.6.0b2
Reproduced on: 5.6.0b3, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b1
Regression introduced on: 5.6.0b3
On 2017 versions, it doesn't crash, but freezes for 15min+
On 5.6.0b2 and before, it takes just a few seconds to pack sprites
Fixed on 5.6.1p2, 2017.2.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website