Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0f3
Sprite packer causes Out of memory error
Unity editor crashes on sprite packing with out of memory exception, if there is not enough RAM. Tested with 4GB RAM
1. Open the project
2. Try to pack sprites using the DefaultPackerPolicy
Expected: sprites get packed
Actual: crash, with possible long freeze before it
Not reproduced on: 5.6.0b2
Reproduced on: 5.6.0b3, 5.6.0p1, 2017.1.0b1
Regression introduced on: 5.6.0b3
On 2017 versions, it doesn't crash, but freezes for 15min+
On 5.6.0b2 and before, it takes just a few seconds to pack sprites
Fixed on 5.6.1p2, 2017.2.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Mar 22, 2020 10:44
4GB RAM is not enough for this project because you have to compile many files and it takes time too. The https://awriter.org/bestwritingservice-com-review/ share a complete criteria which you can follow and then do work.
Jun 09, 2017 17:39
Confirmed fixed in v5.6.1p2 as stated in release notes for this version
May 24, 2017 21:56
This appears to be fixed in v5.6.1p1, but was not noted in the release notes.
May 11, 2017 23:12
Still happens in v5.6.1f1
May 10, 2017 06:16
Still happens in v5.6.0p4.
May 09, 2017 03:50
Same problem v5.6.0p3.
Apr 27, 2017 21:18
Have same problem =(