Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Sprite asset references are missing after upgrading
Some sprite asset references are missing after upgrading a project to 2019.1.0a10 (and occasionally a9).
1. Open the attached project in 2019.1.0a9+
2. Observe that many sprites are missing from many game objects
Note that if opening the project in 2019.1.0a8, this isn't an issue, and opening the project in a9 after it's been opened in a8 doesn't show the issue either.. however then proceeding to open it in 2019.1.0a10 always demonsrates it.
Reproducible in versions 2019.1.0a9, 2019.1.0a10.
Not reproducible in versions 2018.3.0b11, 2019.1.0a8.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
May 14, 2022 10:47
I was able to fix this or a similar issue in my project using this pair of scripts: https://gist.github.com/sfider/41d2af47db9a4da7d8dfcf96d99b9d1f
Aug 29, 2021 14:45
Same on 2021.2.
Nov 23, 2020 13:41
Surprisingly no response here on this issue, where as I see the internet is full of this issue and I am facing the similar issue today. I could see all my prefabs and UIs were perfect in the editor.
Later when I build and ran on device realize some of the images / sprites were not shown, then looking back to unity those prefabs shows missing sprites.
I reverted back to one of my good backup, then built it again same issue ??????? What is this ???? How to avoid this ?
When comes to development in Unity the productivity become ZERO most of the times. Its big pain using such kind of game engine, where as supposed to the most reliable solution for mobile games.