Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
Spring Joints2D distance values different when added manually and procedurally
1) Open attached project and proceed to "SpringBug" scene.
2) Go into playmode.
Expected result: Crates should hang on the same height.
Actual result: Crate to the left hangs lower than crate to the right.
Note 1: Sphere on the left has Spring Joint2D added in the Editor thus distance parameter is calculated.
Note 2: Sphere on the right has Spring Joint2D added via Script and its distance parameter is automatically set to 1 instead of being calculated based on relative position of both objects as it happens in the Editor
Workaround: You can calculate and set distance after you add Spring Joint2D component.
Reproduced with: 5.3.2p1 5.4.0b3
Does not reproduce with: 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [WebGL] Blit with Custom Shader is not rendered in Player
- Error “TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ’getSupportedExtensions')" is thrown and WebGL builds do not run on ChromeOS devices when using WebGL 1.0 Graphics API
- [HDRP] SUCCEEDED(hr) error is thrown when the project's Shadows Filtering Quality is set to High or Very High
- With specific Windows 10 settings, the player window resolution does not match the values passed into Screen.SetResolution()
- Material leaks memory when using PostProcess-Layer