Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[SphereCollider] Surface normal on hit is inversed
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SphereColliderBug-12June2015.zip"
2. Open "SphereColliderBugScene" scene
3. Press play and make sure that "Gizmos" are enabled
4. Press and hold right arrow key on keyboard to move "SimplePlayerObject"
5. Move over both of the spheres and notice inconsistency in surface normal directions (attached inconsistency.gif).
Note: normal of collision with SphereCollider seems to be inversed compared to collision with CapsuleCollider. I have also attached 4.6 project where this inversion isn't present (SphereColliderTest4.zip).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Semi transparent particles are incorrect in the game view
- [iOS] UI elements are invisible on iOS devices when using AdditionalUIRenderer
- Setting ArticulationBody.collisionDetectionMode at runtime via script to Discrete does not work if its being set from Continuous
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0