Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[SphereCollider] Surface normal on hit is inversed
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SphereColliderBug-12June2015.zip"
2. Open "SphereColliderBugScene" scene
3. Press play and make sure that "Gizmos" are enabled
4. Press and hold right arrow key on keyboard to move "SimplePlayerObject"
5. Move over both of the spheres and notice inconsistency in surface normal directions (attached inconsistency.gif).
Note: normal of collision with SphereCollider seems to be inversed compared to collision with CapsuleCollider. I have also attached 4.6 project where this inversion isn't present (SphereColliderTest4.zip).
All about bugs
- Unsupported texture format errors are thrown when opening Project
- (Unknown) crashes when manually baking Shadowmask
- [SceneViz] Select All shortcut ignores the pickable property of game object
- [PLM] Editor performance degrades over time while baking and moving the scene view camera