Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.0
[SphereCollider] Surface normal on hit is inversed
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SphereColliderBug-12June2015.zip"
2. Open "SphereColliderBugScene" scene
3. Press play and make sure that "Gizmos" are enabled
4. Press and hold right arrow key on keyboard to move "SimplePlayerObject"
5. Move over both of the spheres and notice inconsistency in surface normal directions (attached inconsistency.gif).
Note: normal of collision with SphereCollider seems to be inversed compared to collision with CapsuleCollider. I have also attached 4.6 project where this inversion isn't present (SphereColliderTest4.zip).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes
- Sort Order is not respected for a newly created Canvas until Play Mode is entered or any adjustments are made