Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[SphereCollider] Surface normal on hit is inversed
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SphereColliderBug-12June2015.zip"
2. Open "SphereColliderBugScene" scene
3. Press play and make sure that "Gizmos" are enabled
4. Press and hold right arrow key on keyboard to move "SimplePlayerObject"
5. Move over both of the spheres and notice inconsistency in surface normal directions (attached inconsistency.gif).
Note: normal of collision with SphereCollider seems to be inversed compared to collision with CapsuleCollider. I have also attached 4.6 project where this inversion isn't present (SphereColliderTest4.zip).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset