Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[SphereCollider] Surface normal on hit is inversed
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SphereColliderBug-12June2015.zip"
2. Open "SphereColliderBugScene" scene
3. Press play and make sure that "Gizmos" are enabled
4. Press and hold right arrow key on keyboard to move "SimplePlayerObject"
5. Move over both of the spheres and notice inconsistency in surface normal directions (attached inconsistency.gif).
Note: normal of collision with SphereCollider seems to be inversed compared to collision with CapsuleCollider. I have also attached 4.6 project where this inversion isn't present (SphereColliderTest4.zip).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode