Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.3.0
SphereCast returns incorrect collision point for a scaled non-convex mesh
1. Open attached 5.0 project (don't change layout, it makes it easier to notice the problem)
2. Run scene Testscene
3. Move mouse around in game view (If mouse is over the mesh a raycast is calculated to find the collision point. If there is an intersection, it will do a SphereCast to do a sphere collision test.)
4. Notice that the sphere cast will not return the closest collision, but instead it seems to return the first collision that it finds (on screenshots attached it is marked as yellow sphere, green line is an angle between them, which should be around 0 on that surface)
Works fine if mesh is uniform or convex
Regression from 4.6
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website