Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.19f1, 2022.2.7f1, 2023.1.0b1
GameObjects doesn't get rendered when using "Unlit.Unlit_UsePass" Shader
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project “repro.zip”
2. Open "IndoorsScene" Scene
3. Reimport “Unlit/Unlit_Use Pass” Shader
4. Select the “Sphere” GameObject and move it around the Scene
5. Observe the “Sphere” GameObject in Scene view and Game view
Expected result: “Sphere” GameObject does get rendered and it’s movable
Actual result: “Sphere” GameObject doesn’t get rendered and if it does it’s unmovable
Reproducible with: 2021.3.9f1, 2021.3.11f1, 2022.1.19f1, 2022.2.0b10, 2023.1.0a14
Not reproducible with: 2020.3.40f1, 2021.3.8f1
Reproducible on: Windows 10 Pro
- If “Sphere” GameObject gets rendered it will stay at the default position despite trying to move it around
- Not reproducible with other Shaders
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- IL2CPP Player crashes when there aren't enough Thread Static Slots
- Articulation Body tree changes behavior after attaching a trigger Collider
- Fatal freeze when playing a VFX made with VFX Graph and consisting many effects
- "Failed to download Build.data.br file" error is thrown when building projects for WebGL with the Compression Format set to "Brotli"
- Documentation Link does not work when the "New Panel Settings" question mark is clicked
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0b1):
SRP batcher was not handling UsePass and Fallback correctly in the Editor which could cause both Editor crashes and broken rendering.
Root cause found and fixed.