Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
SpeedTreeWindAsset class will be stripped even if it is preserved
1. Build and Run attached project
2. Notice following error in console:
"Could not produce class with ID 228.
This could be caused by a class being stripped from the build even though it is needed. Try disabling 'Strip Engine Code' in Player Settings."
This happens despite the link.xml in the project, specifies that SpeedTreeWindAsset should be preserved:
<type fullname="UnityEngine.SpeedTreeWindAsset" preserve="all"/>
Reproducible: 5.4.0b7, 5.3.3p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- [Android] QosService.Instance.GetSortedMultiplayQosResultsAsync crashes Player when it's built
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player is not killed when using xkill command
May 04, 2020 13:50
Was this bug ever fixed? Getting the same error in Unity 2018.4.21f1.
Feb 24, 2016 08:57
My bad, adding just the Wind Zone didn't fixed the issue but adding the complete asset in a dummy scene fixes it.
Feb 24, 2016 08:36
As suggested by Marco Trivellato a temporary workaround consists of adding a scene with a Wind Zone into the build.