Search Issue Tracker
Duplicate in 2021.2.X
Spaces and symbols of the Project name are changed to hyphens causing "Invalid characters" warning in the Bundle Identifier
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Go to the Player Settings
3. Go to the Player tab and observe the Bundle Identifier
Expected result: Project name is not changed and no warnings
Actual result: Hyphens are added to the Bundle Identifier and the "Invalid characters have been removed from the Application Identifier" warning appears
Reproducible with: 2020.3.31f1, 2020.3.32f1, 2021.2.17f1, 2022.1.0b13, 2022.2.0a8
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.3.30f1
Note: Reproducible with macOS, Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (2022.2.X):
This is the expected behaviour.
The change in the validation of the Application Identifier has been done in order to prevent having missing segments in the default Application Identifier in case either the Company Name or the Product Name contains only invalid characters (see case 1352216). The warning is there just to tell that invalid characters have been removed from the default Application Identifier, so it won't mirror the Company Name and the Product Name exactly. In case the Application Identifier itself is invalid, then an error will be displayed instead of a warning.
As always, the Application Identifier for each platform will be updated only when opening the Player settings of the corresponding platform. If the default Application Identifier is not the desired one, it can always be changed after checking the setting Override Default Bundle Identifier (or Override Default Package Name, for Android).
For more details, please check our documentation:
- macOS Player settings: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PlayerSettings-macOS.html#AppStore
- iOS Player settings: https://docs.unity3d.com/2022.2/Documentation/Manual/class-PlayerSettingsiOS.html#Identification
- Android Player settings: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-PlayerSettingsAndroid.html#Identification