Search Issue Tracker
Space in AssemblyDefinition Name referenced by Editor AssemblyDefinition causes Error
1. Download the attached project "AssemblyDefReproProj.zip" and open in Unity
2. Observe Error in the Console window:
"Failed to load CustomEditor inspected type
UnityEditor.AssetPreviewUpdater:CreatePreviewForAsset(Object, Object, String)"
- This issue appears on both Windows and macOS
- You can clear the console log and get the error again by reimporting a script
- The Error is caused by spaces in the .asmdef Name field
- Removing the space character and then re-referencing the renamed assembly fixes this issue
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.14f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.15f1, 2018.3.0b9 and 2019.1.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.GetDependencies does not find C# script parent scripts.
- [IL2CPP] The unique identifier of a thread differs inside and outside of the thread
- [VR]Half of screen is always shaded in Single Pass Instaced on AMD cards
- Building with il2cpp, arm64, and daydream/cardboard causes unresponsive app.
- Unity Import processes while opening a project repeatedly take the window focus away from other activities