Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Some Textures are wrongly imported and interpreted as Single Channel Cube maps
User's attached texture is interpreted as a Single Channel Cube map instead of a Default 2D texture when importing in Unity 5.5. As a result, the preview is incorrect. In Unity 5.4 and earlier this asset is imported correctly.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a New Project
2. Import User's attached Unity Package "6_0_RC_VuforiaCar.unitypackage"
3. Check the settings of Editor/QCAR/TargetsetData/6_0_RC_VuforiaCar/768d7a96d00242959c522796fa984af4_preview.jpg (Inspector Tab)
4. Note that Texture Type is set to"Single Channel" and Texture Shape is set to "Cube"
Result: Texture preview is incorrect.
Reproduced with: 5.6.0a6, 5.5.0p1.
Not reproduced with: 5.4.3p3, 5.3.7p2.
Note: Setting the type to "Default" and "2D" fixes the issue and the preview is correct.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor DPI scaling issues - menus/tabs/etc. appearing in wrong location when opened/dragged
- Second Hierarchy window is focused when creating object in main Hierarchy
- Editor crashes when deleting in-use SpeedTree Terrain assets
- Error CS0266 when using Implicit operator to convert Nullable<> struct to non-nullable
- [UWP] Ping doesn't work and an exception is thrown when Ping.isDone