Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Some Textures are wrongly imported and interpreted as Single Channel Cube maps
User's attached texture is interpreted as a Single Channel Cube map instead of a Default 2D texture when importing in Unity 5.5. As a result, the preview is incorrect. In Unity 5.4 and earlier this asset is imported correctly.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a New Project
2. Import User's attached Unity Package "6_0_RC_VuforiaCar.unitypackage"
3. Check the settings of Editor/QCAR/TargetsetData/6_0_RC_VuforiaCar/768d7a96d00242959c522796fa984af4_preview.jpg (Inspector Tab)
4. Note that Texture Type is set to"Single Channel" and Texture Shape is set to "Cube"
Result: Texture preview is incorrect.
Reproduced with: 5.6.0a6, 5.5.0p1.
Not reproduced with: 5.4.3p3, 5.3.7p2.
Note: Setting the type to "Default" and "2D" fixes the issue and the preview is correct.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded