Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
[Shuriken] Particle Sort Mode by Distance does not take Depth into account when Particles are Aligned by View
1. Open project in "case_1207573-Bug_Test.zip"
2. Open "Scene.unity"
3. Notice that Particle System uses Sort Mode "By Distance" and Render Alignment "View"
4. Notice that Particle System Velocity Over Lifetime Module has 0 Velocity on Z-Axis
5. Notice that Camera uses Projection "Perspective"
6. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: since Particles are aligned by View, Rendering Order for already existing Particles does not change
Actual result: Rendering Order for already existing Particles changes if one Particle's Distance to Camera becomes larger than the other's due to movement
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.15f1, 2019.2.18f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a19
1. The easiest way to notice Render Order Changing is to pause the game and move the Camera Manually
2. Increasing Camera FOV might help notice the issue faster
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Application.systemLanguage returns "Unknown" when system language is set to Norwegian Bokmål/Nynorsk
- Project fails to load scene in WebGL due to lack of memory
- Particle System's Point Light flickers while Looping is on and Emission Rate over Time is set to 0 with Bursts Count set to 1
- Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException when building on Android and using Regex in code
- [GLES2] [iOS] UnityGet2DClipping function returns wrong values