Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[Shuriken] Particle Sort Mode by Distance does not take Depth into account when Particles are Aligned by View
1. Open project in "case_1207573-Bug_Test.zip"
2. Open "Scene.unity"
3. Notice that Particle System uses Sort Mode "By Distance" and Render Alignment "View"
4. Notice that Particle System Velocity Over Lifetime Module has 0 Velocity on Z-Axis
5. Notice that Camera uses Projection "Perspective"
6. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: since Particles are aligned by View, Rendering Order for already existing Particles does not change
Actual result: Rendering Order for already existing Particles changes if one Particle's Distance to Camera becomes larger than the other's due to movement
Reproducible with: 2017.4.36f1, 2018.4.15f1, 2019.2.18f1, 2019.3.0f5, 2020.1.0a19
1. The easiest way to notice Render Order Changing is to pause the game and move the Camera Manually
2. Increasing Camera FOV might help notice the issue faster
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Pausing a Visual Effect doesn't pause the “Multiply size over life” effect in the Update Block
- Wheel Colliders aren't detecting collision
- [VFX Graph] VFX graph is still dark when using Light Mode
- The Rotation of Child GameObject with the Interpolating RigidBody is set to a random number when changing the Rotation of Parent GameObject
- [Shader Graph] Shader graph is still dark when using Light Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Depth Sorting Mode has been added into particle system in 2020.2.0a9 and above. It sorts particles by depth relative to the axis the camera is facing.