Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.1
[Shuriken] Circular reference crash when assigning a sub emitter particle system as its own sub emitter
1. Open Main scene from attached project.
2. Select the Debris sub emitter (child of Particle System)
3. In the inspector, open the Debris Sub Emitter module and add a new sub emitter
4. Using the circle in the inspector, assign Debris to itself.
5. Unity crashes
Expected outcome: Unity to display an error message that this would be a circular reference.
- Happens in 5.5.0f1, 5.5.0b11
- Only happens when assigning directly from the inspector; dragging the particle system displays the appropriate warning.
- Only happens on sub emitters. If the parent particle system is assigned as a circular reference the appropriate warning will be shown.
- Regression from 5.4.2p2 (new sub emitter module was added in 5.5 which most likely introduced the issue)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)