Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
[Shape] Can't use a static Mesh Renderer for an emission shape
1. Open SampleScene from the attached project.
2. Preview the particle system in the scene view and observe the particles spawning from the sphere
3. Enter play mode
4. Observe the sphere is no longer assigned as it was statically batched.
- Requested by user: https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/cache-a-copy-of-a-mesh-for-particle-mesh-emitter
- Potential fix is to cache the mesh vertices
- Not a regression
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nodes in the Vertex block are deleted when the edge connected to the Node is deleted
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- Errors are thrown and Sub Emitter is not reparented when trying to reparent Sub Emitters of Prefabs