Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Shadows get unexpectedly culled when adjusting Scene window size, Camera near Clipping Planes or Shadow Distance
1. Open the project in "BIR.zip"
2. In Scene, zoom out until you can see the entire Shadow of the Cylinder
3. Try adjusting Scene window size or adjusting Scene Camera Near Clipping Planes or Shadow Distance in Quality Settings (check note 3)
Expected result: entire Shadow will not unexpectedly disappear when adjusting these parameters
Actual result: Shadow unexpectedly disappears
Reproducible with: 2019.2. 21f1, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0b1, 2020.2.0a2
Could not test with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.19f1 because I was not able to adjust Camera Clipping Planes in the Scene
1. Shadow distance can be changed in Edit -> Project Settings -> Quality -> Shadow Distance
2. Also reproducible with URP, note that the Shadow Distance has to be changed using the Rendering Pipeline Asset and not the Project Quality Settings
3. I noticed that this reproduces when the Shadow is already close to fading due to reaching maximum Shadow distance
Aug 01, 2020 23:09
Same here with URP
Jun 01, 2020 19:38
Got the same thing in URP 7.3.1 / Unity 2019.3.15f1
Cascade borders are also funky.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0a8.1390
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.1f1.3705
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.19f1 (b7808a80bde6)