Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 11.0.X
Found in [Package]
[Shadows] Camera Fade makes VFX shadow casting disappear at unexpected ranges
1. Import the attached package and open the CameraFade scene
2. Observe the VFX is not casting any shadows
3. Open the VFX within it and lower the Faded Distance
4. Observe it now casts shadows
The VFX to still cast shadows
- While the Alpha Threshold slider can influence this a bit, there's no setting where the particles are always casting shadows while they are visible
- There's potentially another associated issue: a setting of Faded Distance 2.1 and Visible Distance of 2 in the repro makes the particles invisible, but still casting shadows. Is this intended?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI Builder] The border of VisualElement is not created when slicing a pixel art sprite
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window