Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 13.1.x
Found in [Package]
Shadow quality is inconsistent when switching between platforms
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project ("URP Shadow Test.zip")
2. Make sure Platform is set to iOS, Android or WebGL
3. Observe the shadows in the Game or Scene view
Expected result: Shadows are soft, not pixelated.
Actual result: Shadows are not soft, pixelated.
Reproducible with: 10.7.0 (2020.3.20f1, 2020.3.21f1), 11.0.0 (2021.1.27f1), 12.1.0 (2021.2.0f1), 13.0.0 (2022.1.0a12)
Not reproducible with: 7.7.1 (2019.4.31f1), 10.7.0 (2020.3.19f1)
- Reproducible when switching between "Windows, Mac, Linux" and iOS, Android, WebGL Platforms
- Not reproducible with BiRP
Dec 09, 2021 12:38
Fix for 2021.2 is on the way: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Graphics/pull/6225
Nov 17, 2021 13:56
Are there any plans to fix this on 12.x (2021.2.x)?
Nov 15, 2021 20:09
This was also working correctly on 11.0.0 (2021.1.16f1)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException” and “Assertion failed on expression” errors are logged when starting Server in Play mode
- [iOS] App freezes and the "You can attach a managed debugger now if you want” message doesn’t show up when running the app on iOS devices with the "Wait For Managed Debugger" setting enabled
- TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput set from "true" to "false" when TextField is clicked in Android builds
- [Android] ReadPixels gives different results when using Vulkan on some devices
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
Resolution Note (fix version 13.1.x):
Fixed in: URP 13.1.2 (2022.1.0b1)
Fixed in: URP 12.1.3 (2021.2.8f1)