Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Wind is not affecting SpeedTree assets if trees are beyond the camera frustrum
1. Open attached Unity project "medzej.zip" attached by QA in comments section
2. Open scene "_Tree_Shadows"
3. Go into Play Mode
Expected result: Tree C's shadow should react to wind, move (Attached "Expected.gif")
Actual result: Tree C's shadow is static, does not move (Attached "Actual.gif")
- Regression first introduced in: 5.6.0a2
- Reproduced in: 5.6.0a2, 5.6.0a3, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.1p1, 2017.1.0b5
- Not reproduced in: 5.6.0a1, 5.5.3p3
- Trees B and C are identical, the only difference is that all of Tree C's children have "Cast shadows" set to "Shadows Only"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Player] Screen flickers after launching MacOS Standalone build for x86 architecture
- Particles are spawned with incorrect sizes when calling from LateUpdate
- Assert.NotNull passes even though a reference is missing
- [LightProbe][UI] Display Weights option is no longer rendered in Scene View
- Inserting and then Deleting Unicode Emojis into The Text Element Crashes Unity