Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1.0f3
Shadow caster particles with Alpha Blended shader affect mixed lights in shadowmask mode
In shadowmask mode, particles that cast shadow and have Alpha Blended shader can affect mixed lights in the scene. It is possible to observe the bug when zooming in and out or when changing the shadow distance in Quality Settings.
Steps for reproduction:
1) Download the project below (ShadowCascadesSmallRepro) and open the scene `t2`
2) Find `ParticlesGymDustMotes` object in the hierarchy and select it (make sure to play the particle system and pause it)
3) While hovering the mouse on Scene view, press `F` key to focus on it
4) Focus on the cube in the scene view
5) Change shadow distance or zoom in and out the camera
6) Observe the bug
- Regression from 5.6
- Issue also seems to be related to Near Clipping Plane of scene/game view camera
- Alpha Blended shader doesn't seem to be supported for shadowmasks
- Disabling particle renderer or shadow casting option resolves the issue
- Reproducible in both deferred and forward rendering paths
- A gif that demonstrates the problem is attached below
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website