Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.2.X, 2022.1.X
Shader stripping crashes when it gets too many variants
1. Create a new Unity project using the 3D template.
2. Extract the attached files into the Assets folder.
3. Create a material, assign NewUnlitShader extracted in step 2 to it.
4. Create a cube, assign the material from step 3 to it.
5. Open the Build Player menu.
6. Press build.
Expected: the build succeeds
Actual: Unity crashes after consuming several GB or memory.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] “Input.GetMouseButtonDown” gets set to true when pressing and when releasing the mouse button in the Device Simulator view if "targetFrameRate" is set in the script
- UWP Capabilities are not changed when rebuilding the project
- [Oculus] Lights causing artifacts when Forward+ Rendering is selected
- Game Window Icons are white when in light mode
- Crash on VFXMemorySerializer::StoreObjects when converting to Subgraph Block
Mar 11, 2022 04:02
Yep...Marked as fixed but not fixed. I am stuck again
Mar 03, 2022 19:04
Feb 04, 2022 21:45
Don't understand. This is marked fixed but the latest build two days ago lists this as an existing known issue and not a fix.
Jan 27, 2022 23:44
This is a game changer. This changed Unity forever.
Jan 27, 2022 00:01
In review, is it almost out?
Jan 26, 2022 06:02
Is this still not fixed?
Jan 26, 2022 04:43
Jan 26, 2022 02:24
Jan 25, 2022 21:13
+1 Looking for fix - thank you in advance.
Jan 25, 2022 02:20
Any ETA on this fix? Currently blocking our team.