Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.28f1, 2022.2.19f1, 2023.1.0b15, 2023.2.0a13
Shader references are lost when building assets with BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles
1. Open the user's attached project "AssetBundleWithShaderBug-Modify.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Open "Editor/BuildAssetbundle.cs" and change the BuildTarget in line 82 to the current platform
4. Click "CustomTools/BuildAssetbundleForTestBug" in the menu bar
5. Observe ObjA and ObjB in the Hierarchy window
Expected result: ObjA's Material is using "Unlit/ShaderA", ObjB's Material is using "Unlit/ShaderB", shaders "Unlit/ShaderA" and "Unlit/ShaderB" are listed under the "Two Shader Refs" component on ObjA
Actual result: ObjA and ObjB's Materials are using "Standard" shader, shaders are missing from the "Two Shader Refs" component on ObjA, ArgumentNullException is thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.4.21f1, 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.29f1, 2021.1.0a7, 2021.2.12f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.20f1, 2021.1.0a6
Could not test with: 2022.1.0b8, 2022.2.0a4 ("Unable to open archive file", "Failed to read data for the AssetBundle", "NullReferenceException")
Note: Regressed versions match the fixed versions of case 1178737 and case 1289806
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SHADERPASS has incorrect value when using Shader Graph for Built-In target
- [VFX] Gizmo still incorrectly rendered for a hidden property
- Nested object label indentation is incorrect when using the UI Toolkit Inspector
- Crash on tlsf_free when UI Elements are moved to the side by scrolling
- Setting VideoPlayer.time and pausing results in incorrect player.frame values