Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Shader cache grows indefinitely
Shader cache has no means of automatically purging old entries. This means that the cache grows indefinitely unless manually deleted. The problem with manual cache purge is that there is no way to preserve the currently valid data, so full recompilation is required after it. When iterating changes on complex shaders and especially when touching include files that are used in multiple shaders, the cache size can quickly grow into gigabytes range. This can eventually lead into out of disk space situation.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Wrong documentation page is displayed for the "Scene Template Pipeline" help icon
- Missing Device Simulator API
- Shadow gets cut off when in Play Mode and using shader "Shader Graph/Rotation Shader" for material
- Unable to get textureOverrideSettings from BuildPipeline.GetBuildTargetName when trying to pass in the platform string
- Getting the current process name returns Null when building with IL2CPP