Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
SetParticles changes the rotation of first few particles when using Quaternion.LookRotation with specific upwards parameter
The upwards parameter has to be Vector3.down or Vector3.right.
Using Vector3.up, Vector3.left, Vector3.forward, Vector3.back does not reproduce the bug.
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticleRotationBug.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe Scene or Game view
Expected result: particles do not change their rotation3D
Actual result: first few particles change their rotation3D, resulting in flipped normals
Reproducible with: 2017.1.4p2, 2018.1.7f1, 2018.3.0a3
Workaround: do not use SetParticles with Quaternion.LookRotation upwards parameter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot change the font size of Text Mesh to zero when using a non-dynamic font
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build
- Shadows in Scene view are displayed one level Higher than they are set under the Light Shadow settings in the Inspector window