Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.3
SetParticles changes the rotation of first few particles when using Quaternion.LookRotation with specific upwards parameter
The upwards parameter has to be Vector3.down or Vector3.right.
Using Vector3.up, Vector3.left, Vector3.forward, Vector3.back does not reproduce the bug.
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticleRotationBug.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe Scene or Game view
Expected result: particles do not change their rotation3D
Actual result: first few particles change their rotation3D, resulting in flipped normals
Reproducible with: 2017.1.4p2, 2018.1.7f1, 2018.3.0a3
Workaround: do not use SetParticles with Quaternion.LookRotation upwards parameter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [TextMesh Pro] Using Ellipsis overflow causes some Emojis to turn into a Square when truncated
- Editor: Assembly icons are not shown correctly.
- [VR]Editor Crashes when exiting the Play Mode if VR support is enabled and a Particle System is emitting mesh instances
- Object with ISerializationCallbackReceiver Interface receives Serialization Callback when it has a private access level
- AssetModificationProcessor.OnWillCreateAsset Callbacks are inconsistent with different Assets