Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
SetParticles changes the rotation of first few particles when using Quaternion.LookRotation with specific upwards parameter
The upwards parameter has to be Vector3.down or Vector3.right.
Using Vector3.up, Vector3.left, Vector3.forward, Vector3.back does not reproduce the bug.
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticleRotationBug.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe Scene or Game view
Expected result: particles do not change their rotation3D
Actual result: first few particles change their rotation3D, resulting in flipped normals
Reproducible with: 2017.1.4p2, 2018.1.7f1, 2018.3.0a3
Workaround: do not use SetParticles with Quaternion.LookRotation upwards parameter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window