Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
SetParticles changes the rotation of first few particles when using Quaternion.LookRotation with specific upwards parameter
The upwards parameter has to be Vector3.down or Vector3.right.
Using Vector3.up, Vector3.left, Vector3.forward, Vector3.back does not reproduce the bug.
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticleRotationBug.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe Scene or Game view
Expected result: particles do not change their rotation3D
Actual result: first few particles change their rotation3D, resulting in flipped normals
Reproducible with: 2017.1.4p2, 2018.1.7f1, 2018.3.0a3
Workaround: do not use SetParticles with Quaternion.LookRotation upwards parameter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When a Rigidbody2D is inactive GetPoint/GetVector/GetRelativePoint/GetRelativeVector fallbacks to returning (0, 0)
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object