Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
SetParticles changes the rotation of first few particles when using Quaternion.LookRotation with specific upwards parameter
The upwards parameter has to be Vector3.down or Vector3.right.
Using Vector3.up, Vector3.left, Vector3.forward, Vector3.back does not reproduce the bug.
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "ParticleRotationBug.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Observe Scene or Game view
Expected result: particles do not change their rotation3D
Actual result: first few particles change their rotation3D, resulting in flipped normals
Reproducible with: 2017.1.4p2, 2018.1.7f1, 2018.3.0a3
Workaround: do not use SetParticles with Quaternion.LookRotation upwards parameter
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Poor performance when loading or unloading a large Scene
- Go wide on shader compression
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Speech Recognition is not supported error is thrown when setting Unity Hub and Unity version to run as an administrator