Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
[SerializeReference] looses object reference to Material in build
1. Open the attached project "SerializeReference" and scene "MaterialList"
2. In the Hierarchy, select "MaterialList" and make sure "Test1", "Test2" materials are attached to the "Materialcells" list
3. Enter Play Mode and see both Materials being logged in the Console
4. Build and Run the project.
5. Open Player Log by clicking the three dots in the right corner of the Console window and selecting "Open Player Log"
Expected result: Both Materials are being logged in the Player Log
Actual result: Materials are null
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0a2, 2019.3.0b6, 2020.1.0a8
Could not test with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.8f1, 2019.3.0a1 (SerializeReference inaccessible due to its protection level)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Rendering is broken with UIToolkit with many Intel GPUs (driver-bug)
- [Vulkan] Crash in Windows Standalone when Vulkan is set as rendering API and player window is out of focus
- "Can't destroy Transform component" Error is thrown when closing a scene that contains a DontSave Prefab with a Child
- [Particle System] Editor freezes when assigning a nested Particle System in the Sub Emitter Module
- Unable to switch to different material when selecting another material from Asset selector window on Particle System Material