Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
[Serialization] Empty class instances are not deserialized and become null.
1. Open LocalizationTests project from the link provided in the edit
2. Delete the "Localization Settings.asset" and create a new one with "Create/Localization/Localization Settings"
3. Notice that the list of Sources is full of class names
4. Save project and quit Unity
5. Open the project again and select the localization settings asset, observe the empty classes
Expected result: Empty classes are not null
Actual result: Empty classes are null
Reproducible in: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.14f1, 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a15
1. If the asset file is opened with a text editor it can be seen that it is correctly saved, the classes have just not been deserialized
2. As a workaround add a simple dummy field in the managed reference/class
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode] "InfoPlist (English)" is required when "InfoPlist (English (United States))" already exists
- [tvOS] Crash when closing the On Screen Keyboard with tvOS version <15.0
- Temporal Anti-aliasing (TAA) produces severe artifacting when quality set to Very High
- [iOS] Player crashes when using “WebCamTexture” on specific iOS devices
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Player crash call stack is not displayed when the build is run with "-batchmode -nographics" arguments