Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.4, 2020.1
[Serialization] Empty class instances are not deserialized and become null.
1. Open LocalizationTests project from the link provided in the edit
2. Delete the "Localization Settings.asset" and create a new one with "Create/Localization/Localization Settings"
3. Notice that the list of Sources is full of class names
4. Save project and quit Unity
5. Open the project again and select the localization settings asset, observe the empty classes
Expected result: Empty classes are not null
Actual result: Empty classes are null
Reproducible in: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.14f1, 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a15
1. If the asset file is opened with a text editor it can be seen that it is correctly saved, the classes have just not been deserialized
2. As a workaround add a simple dummy field in the managed reference/class
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Application.systemLanguage returns "Unknown" when system language is set to Norwegian Bokmål/Nynorsk
- Project fails to load scene in WebGL due to lack of memory
- Particle System's Point Light flickers while Looping is on and Emission Rate over Time is set to 0 with Bursts Count set to 1
- Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException when building on Android and using Regex in code
- [GLES2] [iOS] UnityGet2DClipping function returns wrong values