Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2019.3, 2020.1
[Serialization] Empty class instances are not deserialized and become null.
1. Open LocalizationTests project from the link provided in the edit
2. Delete the "Localization Settings.asset" and create a new one with "Create/Localization/Localization Settings"
3. Notice that the list of Sources is full of class names
4. Save project and quit Unity
5. Open the project again and select the localization settings asset, observe the empty classes
Expected result: Empty classes are not null
Actual result: Empty classes are null
Reproducible in: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.4.14f1, 2019.2.16f1, 2019.3.0f2, 2020.1.0a15
1. If the asset file is opened with a text editor it can be seen that it is correctly saved, the classes have just not been deserialized
2. As a workaround add a simple dummy field in the managed reference/class
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [Android][IL2CPP] ARM64 Release build fails
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'
- [TMP] [iOS] Password Input Field with Hidden Mobile Input deletes characters after re-focus
- HingeJoint2D do not respect starting angle when enforcing angle limits