Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[SerializeReference] Crash on GetSerializedPropertyTypeNameString when accessing property.type of interface with undeclared type
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "TestScene" Scene in the attached "case_1185791.zip" Unity project
2. Inspect the "Test GameObject" GameObject
3. In the Project tab, navigate to the Scripts folder
4. Drag and drop the "TestMonoBehaviour" Script onto "Test GameObject"
5. Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.0a7
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.10f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.3.0b5
Note: before version 2019.3.0a2, SerializeReference was inaccessible due to its protection level. Unable to test in versions earlier than 2019.3.0a1 due to SerializeReference being unavailable.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.0a15.
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed in 2019.3.0b13