Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X
Serialized bodyMask property appends to itself with each reimport if clipAnimations is modified in OnPostProcess
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "BodyMaskRepro.zip"
2. Open the Assets/@Animation.fbx.meta file in a text editor
3. Reimport the @Animation.fbx file inside Unity multiple times
4. Inspect the bodyMask property inside the meta file with each reimport
Expect results: The bodyMask property does not change
Actual results: The bodyMask property gets appended to itself every time you reimport the model
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.29f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.8f1, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.3.0a7
Sep 10, 2019 12:12
Our project is also running on 2018.4 (LTS).
But if the fix is only in 2019.1 and upwards than this really is a dealbreaker for a version that is supposed to be supported for 2 years, but bugs like this won't be fixed
Sep 05, 2019 18:21
Just curious when this will be fixed on the 2018.4 branch. For our current project we need to use at least 2018.4.7f1, and we're trying to avoid having to upgrade our project to 2019 at this point in the project. The issue doesn't appear to break anything, but like the previous commenter, it's very annoying when it comes to source control, constantly having changes you have no intention of committing, and the more FBXs that are changed by our artists, the more files there are to juggle.
Jun 24, 2019 01:39
The same phenomenon occurs in my project.
Moreover, it does not reproduce in Unity 2018.0f1, but it originates from Unity 2018.1f1.
Every time I open my project in Unity, more than 3000 ".fbx" files are changed and it's very painful.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.1):
Bug only exists on 2018.4 branch, will be resolved there