Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2
Selecting multiple large size RGB 24 bit 2D textures with mip-maps causes performance issues
1. Open project attached (SekaiTabi.zip)
2. Go to Assets -> Sprites.
3. Select 2D Textures (ThePerfectGalaxy*) while holding Ctrl.
Expected result: Sprites are selected without any lag and other problems.
Actual result: It is hard to select sprites, Editor starts lagging. Might even cause a crash on very low-end devices.
Reproduced on: 5.3.0f4, 5.3.7p2, 5.4.0f3, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1.
Note: it is easier to notice this problem when using big (over 5 MB) 2D textures.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Custom Pass rendering offseted in build when modifying camera.rect
- Instanced meshes are not drawn at certain camera angles when Graphics.DrawMeshInstanced method is used
- Borders corners not properly rendered
- [WebGL] Texture is missing when Graphics.Blit() method is called for a second time in WebGL build
- Editor crashes when unlocking Inspector with PropertyInfo.SetValue function