Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Selecting multiple large size RGB 24 bit 2D textures with mip-maps causes performance issues
1. Open project attached (SekaiTabi.zip)
2. Go to Assets -> Sprites.
3. Select 2D Textures (ThePerfectGalaxy*) while holding Ctrl.
Expected result: Sprites are selected without any lag and other problems.
Actual result: It is hard to select sprites, Editor starts lagging. Might even cause a crash on very low-end devices.
Reproduced on: 5.3.0f4, 5.3.7p2, 5.4.0f3, 5.4.3p3, 5.5.0p1, 5.6.0b1.
Note: it is easier to notice this problem when using big (over 5 MB) 2D textures.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TilemapRenderer sorting order is not consistent with different images
- [Shape] Investigate possibility of decreasing the min shape emitter size below 0.01
- "Cancelling DisplayDialog.." error is being thrown when entering the play mode after AssetBundle.Unload(false)
- Unable to pause AudioListener via UI button
- [iOS] Crash in 'main(argc=1, argv=0x000000016fd8f998) at main.mm:33' when microphone permissions are toggled manually