Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Secondary Unity instance writes EditorInstance.json when starting the Editor
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an empty unity project.
2. Create Material in Assets folder - This will spawn the worker process once you have enabled the OnDemand feature
3. Add an "adb2.txt" file in the unity project root
4. Put the line "OnDemand=Lazy" in it
5. Stop the editor, delete the Library folder and start the editor again.
Expected: Only the master process writes to the "Library/EditorInstance.json" file
Actual: There are a couple of Unity workers (Unity.exe) writing to the "Library/EditorInstance.json" file
Reproduced in: 2019.3.0a1, 2020.1.0a1, 2020.1.0a8
Not reproduced in: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Profiling builds created on older versions cause samples to be colored green when using a Profiler from newer versions
- Sprite Editor unsaved changes get reverted when Script Recompilation finishes
- The position/width/alignment of other GUILayout elements is changed when calling EditorGUILayout.Foldout within a GUILayout.BeginArea
- Visual Scripting namespace is empty when using the "Runner Game" template
- Light direction changes when changing "Light Anchor" component's "Distance" property