Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Searching in the Hierarchy window does not yield any results when the component's name is used internally (e.g. 'AudioManager')
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'project-1252479.zip' project
2. In the Hierarchy window's search bar enter 't:AudioManager'
Expected result: 'Main Camera' game object is found
Actual result: 'Main Camera' game object is not found
Reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.4.0f1, 2020.1.0b11, 2020.2.0a13
Note: also happens with 'GameManager' and probably with most other internally used names
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- ChangeSets are not detected when created via Editor Scripts
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"