Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.20f1, 2022.2.9f1, 2023.1.0b5, 2023.2.0a1
[Search] Slowdown spikes when moving an object in the scene caused by the PropertyDatabase.
There are some slowdowns when interacting with the scene view, which are caused by the PropertyDatabase. When something is modified in the scene, the SearchMonitor picks up the modifications and sends an invalidation request to the PropertyDatabase (this request only happens every ~2s). The invalidation ends up invalidating data in the PropertyDatabaseFileStore, and flushing the new data to disk, which creates a lag spike.
To fix the issue, we should not invalidate the data in the file store, but in the memory store, and prevent unnecessary flushes to disk.
*Steps to reproduce:*
* Create an empty project
* Add a cube to the scene
* Drag the cube around using gizmos for more than 10s
No spikes caused by flushing the data to disk.
Spikes caused by flushing the data to disk.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- SHADERPASS has incorrect value when using Shader Graph for Built-In target
- [VFX] Gizmo still incorrectly rendered for a hidden property
- Nested object label indentation is incorrect when using the UI Toolkit Inspector
- Crash on tlsf_free when UI Elements are moved to the side by scrolling
- Setting VideoPlayer.time and pausing results in incorrect player.frame values