Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.0b18, 2023.2.0a15
Search: Inspector section doesn't display selected item data
Steps to reproduce:
# Create a 3D project
# Add 3D Object -> Cube
# Window -> Search -> New Window
# Verify that the "Search" window opens
# Enter the search string "Cube"
# Save search results to the "Project" list (diskette -> Save Project)
# Leave the default name (it should be Cube) and click "Save"
# Verify that the "Cube" query is selected in the "Project" list
# Click the "Inspector" button in the Search window
# Verify, that mentioned window becomes displayed
# Select the "Cube.asset" item in the "All" tab (added screenshot in the "Attachments" section
# Observe the "Inspector" section, it is empty
# Select the "/Cube (MeshFilter..BoxCollider)" item in the "All" tab
# Observe the "Inspector" section again, it is empty.
# Close the "Search" window
# And open it again
# Select the same "Cube.asset" item in the "All" tab and observe the "Inspector" section. Now it displays item data
# Select the "/Cube (MeshFilter..BoxCollider)" item in the "All" tab. Now it displays item data
Expected result: The inspector section in steps 12 and 14 should display the data of the selected item
Actual result: The inspector section is empty.
Reproducible with: 2023.1.0a15, 2023.1.0b12, 2023.2.0a9.
Not Reproducible with: 2021.3.22f1, 2022.2.14f1, 2023.1.0a14.
Cannot test with: 2020.3.46f1 (this stream has no this window).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset