Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[ScriptingAPI] Editor hangs and AABB errors spammed in the console after passing zero value to terrainData.size
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project;
2. In the Project folder go to Assets -> Scenes -> API;
3. Open 'СreateTerrainFromAPIbug' scene;
4. Launch the scene.
Editor hangs and errors are spammed in the console:
Invalid AABB aabb
See attached gif video.
The bug is caused by passing zero variables to terrainData.size.
Message "Terrain size should be bigger than 1" should be displayed. The behaviour should be consistent with setting terrain size in Terrain Component's inspector (TerrainSettings), where values lower then 1 are always clamped to 1.
- Reproducible in Unity 5.5.0b4, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p1;
- Reproducible on OSX 10.11.6;
- Partial regression from 5.4 on OSX (Editor doesn't hang on this platform in 5.3.6p1).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown