Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.5.0
[ScriptingAPI] Editor hangs and AABB errors spammed in the console after passing zero value to terrainData.size
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project;
2. In the Project folder go to Assets -> Scenes -> API;
3. Open 'СreateTerrainFromAPIbug' scene;
4. Launch the scene.
Editor hangs and errors are spammed in the console:
Invalid AABB aabb
See attached gif video.
The bug is caused by passing zero variables to terrainData.size.
Message "Terrain size should be bigger than 1" should be displayed. The behaviour should be consistent with setting terrain size in Terrain Component's inspector (TerrainSettings), where values lower then 1 are always clamped to 1.
- Reproducible in Unity 5.5.0b4, 5.4.0f3, 5.3.6p1;
- Reproducible on OSX 10.11.6;
- Partial regression from 5.4 on OSX (Editor doesn't hang on this platform in 5.3.6p1).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException” and “Assertion failed on expression” errors are logged when starting Server in Play mode
- [iOS] App freezes and the "You can attach a managed debugger now if you want” message doesn’t show up when running the app on iOS devices with the "Wait For Managed Debugger" setting enabled
- TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput set from "true" to "false" when TextField is clicked in Android builds
- [Android] ReadPixels gives different results when using Vulkan on some devices
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path