Search Issue Tracker
ScriptableObject instance Script field is 'None'when created out of ScriptableObject that isn't defined in file of the same name
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached 'ScriptableObjectCreation.zip' project
2. Right-click in the project tab -> "Create" -> "Create TestData"
3. Select the new asset and observe the script's field
Expected result: "Script" field has attached file
Actual result: "Script" field shows as None (Mono Script)
Reproducible: 2017.4.26f1, 2018.3.13f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a12
Workaround: create C# script called "TestData" and then create "TestData" asset
This is by design. ScriptableObjects and MonoBehaviour have to be declared in a .cs file with the same filename as the class name.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse