Search Issue Tracker
Script with the [AddComponentMenu] flag remains in the 'Add Component' context menu after deleting it from the Assets folder
How to reproduce:
1. Open tester-submitted project (AddComponentMenu)
2. Select any GameObject
3. Select 'Add Component' and notice that 'A Simple Script' appears in the context menu
4. Delete the 'AddComponent.cs' script from the Assets folder
5. Open the 'Add Component' context menu again
Expected result: 'A Simple Script' no longer appears in the context menu
Actual result: 'A Simple Script' still shows up in the context menu
Reproducible with: 2018.2.14f1, 2018.2.19f2, 2018.3.0b3, 2018.3.0f1, 2019.1.0a11
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.16f1, 2018.2.13f1, 2018.3.0b2
Reimporting all assets or restarting the project fixes this issue
This is a duplicate of issue #1111360Script with the previous name appears on the AddComponentMenu after it was renamed
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website