Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2
[Android] Crash in particle system on Vivante GC1000
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "ReproCrashTab3_2017-04-06.7z (4.5 MB) "
2. Build and run "TestSceneCrash" scene on Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite
Result: application crashes after few seconds
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0 WiFi [SM-t110], OS 4.2.2, Vivante GC1000 (OpenGL ES 2.0), Marvell PXA988 (we do not have this device)
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini VE with NFC [GT I8200N], OS 4.2.2, Vivante GC1000, Marvell
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0 [SM-T113], OS 4.4.4, GPU ARM Mali-400 MP2 , CPU Spreadtrum
Samsung Galaxy S IV LTE [GT-i9505], OS 4.2.2, GPU Adreno 320, CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 600
HTC Desire 300 301e [HTC Z3 ], OS 4.1.2, GPU Adreno 203, CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon 200
Reproducible: 5.5.0b9, 5.5.3f1, 5.6.0f3, 2017.1.0b1
Note: According to Omar when build is made with Unity 2017.1 the app crashes at launch just right after the Unity splash screen plays.
It crashes only when there is a gap in curve that parameterizes particle size over lifetime. This project also has some gaps. TestSceneCrash>FX_PowerReady>Pentagons>Glow in Inspector Size Over Lifetime particle system curve has a gap. If I disable all particles which have a gap in size over lifetime, application
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)