Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.2
Scene streaming causes frame rate drop - needs realtime GI async data loading
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project 'Client.zip' and open in Unity.
2) Open scene 'GridStreamerFly2D_2x2_Potisioned_LightingMatchTreeScenes' in Client\Assets\_ForUnity\GridStreamerFly2D_2x2_Potisioned_LightingMatchTreeScenes.unity
3) Press Play.
4) Press Left Shift to enable fly camera
5) Fly forwards ('W') and upwards (mouse up slightly, 'W') to get into the first world cell.
6) Fly right ('D') until the next tile loads.
Notice the frame rate glitches when it loads.
For more details to see actual results, check video attached 'streaming-framerate-glitches.mp4'.
Reproduced with: 5.3.6f1, 5.4.0f1, 5.5.0a3.
Note: In 5.4.0f1, 5.5.0a3 loads scenes smoother, but you still receiving visible frame rate drop.
Expected result: no frame rate spikes, scene loads in the background.
Fixed in: 2017.2.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default