Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2
Scene streaming causes frame rate drop - needs realtime GI async data loading
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download attached project 'Client.zip' and open in Unity.
2) Open scene 'GridStreamerFly2D_2x2_Potisioned_LightingMatchTreeScenes' in Client\Assets\_ForUnity\GridStreamerFly2D_2x2_Potisioned_LightingMatchTreeScenes.unity
3) Press Play.
4) Press Left Shift to enable fly camera
5) Fly forwards ('W') and upwards (mouse up slightly, 'W') to get into the first world cell.
6) Fly right ('D') until the next tile loads.
Notice the frame rate glitches when it loads.
For more details to see actual results, check video attached 'streaming-framerate-glitches.mp4'.
Reproduced with: 5.3.6f1, 5.4.0f1, 5.5.0a3.
Note: In 5.4.0f1, 5.5.0a3 loads scenes smoother, but you still receiving visible frame rate drop.
Expected result: no frame rate spikes, scene loads in the background.
Fixed in: 2017.2.0b2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] ASTC HDR check may cause issues with RenderDoc
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- [Android]APK fails to be registered when building using Keystore with the build
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect