Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.42f1, 2021.3.10f1, 2022.1.20f1, 2022.2.0b8, 2023.1.0a5
Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
1. Check out repository https://github.com/Wilfrid-Unity/test-unity-scene-brightness that contains repro-projects
2. Start UnityEditor from Trunk revision 38ec60822087 or later (Oct. 17)
3. Open either project "test-birp-scene-brightness" or "test-urp-scene-brightness" (issues happens both in URP, BiRP, and HybridRP)
4. Make sure that scene "Scenes/BlocksScene" is NOT opened in the Editor
5. Build and run a first Development Build of the project that includes only scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
6. Take a first screenshot of the scene in the first Standalone Player
7. Now in UnityEditor OPEN scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
8. Build and run a second Development Build of the project that includes only scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
9. Take a second screenshot of the scene in the first Standalone Player
Expected Result: First screenshot and second screenshot look the same.
Actual Result: First screenshot is darker, second screenshot is darker. Regression introduced in Version 2019.4.20f1;
- Reproducible in 2022.1.0a13, 2021.2.0f1, 2021.1.27f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2019.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1
- Not reproducible in Version 2019.4.19f1;
- Regression has been introduced with the skymanager refactor PR;
- The same issue happens in both Windows Standalone Player, as well as Switch Standalone Player (I did not test other platforms)
- The same issue happens with both UniversalRP, Built-In RP, or Hybrid Renderer (I did not test HDRP).
The test scene that can be used for Hybrid Renderer is this one:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space
- "Custom Render Queue" field cannot be set above "2000" when changing it in the Inspector window using Debug mode