Search Issue Tracker
Fix In Review for 2022.2.X
Planned for 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.3.X, 2022.1.X
Duplicate in 2021.2.X
Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
1. Check out repository https://github.com/Wilfrid-Unity/test-unity-scene-brightness that contains repro-projects
2. Start UnityEditor from Trunk revision 38ec60822087 or later (Oct. 17)
3. Open either project "test-birp-scene-brightness" or "test-urp-scene-brightness" (issues happens both in URP, BiRP, and HybridRP)
4. Make sure that scene "Scenes/BlocksScene" is NOT opened in the Editor
5. Build and run a first Development Build of the project that includes only scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
6. Take a first screenshot of the scene in the first Standalone Player
7. Now in UnityEditor OPEN scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
8. Build and run a second Development Build of the project that includes only scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
9. Take a second screenshot of the scene in the first Standalone Player
Expected Result: First screenshot and second screenshot look the same.
Actual Result: First screenshot is darker, second screenshot is darker. Regression introduced in Version 2019.4.20f1;
- Reproducible in 2022.1.0a13, 2021.2.0f1, 2021.1.27f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2019.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1
- Not reproducible in Version 2019.4.19f1;
- Regression has been introduced with the skymanager refactor PR;
- The same issue happens in both Windows Standalone Player, as well as Switch Standalone Player (I did not test other platforms)
- The same issue happens with both UniversalRP, Built-In RP, or Hybrid Renderer (I did not test HDRP).
The test scene that can be used for Hybrid Renderer is this one:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project