Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2023.1.X
Duplicate in 2021.2.X
Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
1. Check out repository https://github.com/Wilfrid-Unity/test-unity-scene-brightness that contains repro-projects
2. Start UnityEditor from Trunk revision 38ec60822087 or later (Oct. 17)
3. Open either project "test-birp-scene-brightness" or "test-urp-scene-brightness" (issues happens both in URP, BiRP, and HybridRP)
4. Make sure that scene "Scenes/BlocksScene" is NOT opened in the Editor
5. Build and run a first Development Build of the project that includes only scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
6. Take a first screenshot of the scene in the first Standalone Player
7. Now in UnityEditor OPEN scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
8. Build and run a second Development Build of the project that includes only scene "Scenes/BlocksScene"
9. Take a second screenshot of the scene in the first Standalone Player
Expected Result: First screenshot and second screenshot look the same.
Actual Result: First screenshot is darker, second screenshot is darker. Regression introduced in Version 2019.4.20f1;
- Reproducible in 2022.1.0a13, 2021.2.0f1, 2021.1.27f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2019.4.32f1, 2019.4.20f1
- Not reproducible in Version 2019.4.19f1;
- Regression has been introduced with the skymanager refactor PR;
- The same issue happens in both Windows Standalone Player, as well as Switch Standalone Player (I did not test other platforms)
- The same issue happens with both UniversalRP, Built-In RP, or Hybrid Renderer (I did not test HDRP).
The test scene that can be used for Hybrid Renderer is this one:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name