Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Scene.buildIndex is always -1 when not in Play mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project
2. Open 'Main' scene
3. Build and run this project and keep tracking console
Results: Console prints that SceneManager.GetActiveScene().buildIndex: -1 when Player shows that index is 0.
Note: Scene.buildIndex never returns a valid index unless in play mode. This appears to include all ways of obtaining Scenes from either SceneManger or EditorSceneManger while in Edit mode or during the build process.
Reproducible with: 5.4.0b20; 5.3.5f1;
Not reproducible with: 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build