Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Scene.buildIndex is always -1 when not in Play mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project
2. Open 'Main' scene
3. Build and run this project and keep tracking console
Results: Console prints that SceneManager.GetActiveScene().buildIndex: -1 when Player shows that index is 0.
Note: Scene.buildIndex never returns a valid index unless in play mode. This appears to include all ways of obtaining Scenes from either SceneManger or EditorSceneManger while in Edit mode or during the build process.
Reproducible with: 5.4.0b20; 5.3.5f1;
Not reproducible with: 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform