Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.4.0
Scene.buildIndex is always -1 when not in Play mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project
2. Open 'Main' scene
3. Build and run this project and keep tracking console
Results: Console prints that SceneManager.GetActiveScene().buildIndex: -1 when Player shows that index is 0.
Note: Scene.buildIndex never returns a valid index unless in play mode. This appears to include all ways of obtaining Scenes from either SceneManger or EditorSceneManger while in Edit mode or during the build process.
Reproducible with: 5.4.0b20; 5.3.5f1;
Not reproducible with: 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- In the Editor terrain is not rendered correctly when "Draw Instanced" on custom shader is enabled
- There is a refresh prompt even when there are no new Cloud projects available when Unity Hub is opened
- EditorSceneManager.sceneOpened and EditorSceneManager.sceneOpening events are not called when the scene is reloaded
- SkinnedMeshRenderer not rendering correctly in 2019.1 after altering mesh in Play Mode
- [Blocks] Position (Circle) does not take the Center Z value into account