Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Scene.buildIndex is always -1 when not in Play mode
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open project
2. Open 'Main' scene
3. Build and run this project and keep tracking console
Results: Console prints that SceneManager.GetActiveScene().buildIndex: -1 when Player shows that index is 0.
Note: Scene.buildIndex never returns a valid index unless in play mode. This appears to include all ways of obtaining Scenes from either SceneManger or EditorSceneManger while in Edit mode or during the build process.
Reproducible with: 5.4.0b20; 5.3.5f1;
Not reproducible with: 5.2.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Unwanted padding is added when maximizing editor windows
- [UI] Area Error tooltip is missing in the Mesh Importer settings
- UIElementsScrollView.ScrollTo() scrolls to the top of the ScrollView when a child of a child of the Scroll View is passed
- Only one of the tracks are affected when selecting multiple Animations tracks and Trying to convert them to Clip/Infinite Track
- Unresponsive front facing UI fields with specific rotations when using World Space canvas with Ignore Reversed Graphics enabled