Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2
Rotation and position change is not applyed to prefab in Playmode
1. Open project attached
Create a new one, create a prefab from e.g. Cube and add several Cubes from this prefab to scene.
2. Select Cube.
3. Enter the Playmode.
4. Change Rotation (e.g. x = 45) or Position (e.g. y = 0).
5. Press Apply in Inspector (error in Console appears).
6. Exit Playmode.
Actual result: Changes are reverted. Any of instances of this prefab got changes.
Error in console:
InvalidOperationException: This cannot be used during play mode. (related case 839122).
Expected result: Changes are applied to prefab and its instances with no error.
There is no ability to apply changes to prefab in 5.3.6p5 (28930307ad49).
Reproducible in 5.4.1p3 (1b587b7935dc) and 5.5.0b7 (bd91e53964bc).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shadows are not cast when you first Blit the Shadow map and then set it back to Buffer
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- [uGUI] Vertices retrieved from GetUIVertexStream method cannot be modified when adjusting them through script
- Scroll bar scrolls less in the Package Manager packages than elsewhere when pressing on the empty scroll bar area to scroll
- Undo.RegisterCreatedObjectUndo dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made