Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
RigidBody.collisionDetectionMode cannot be set during runtime if it is initially set to one of the continuous options
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the "DoesNotWorkExample" scene within the Editor.
3. Press the "Play" button.
4. Show the debug console (Window->Console ctrl+shift+c)
5. Press the "Toggle collisionDetectionMode" button multiple times.
* This does not work with Collision Detection mode Continuous or Continuous Dynamic
* This works when discrete mode is set in the editor
Expected Result: RigidBodies collisionDetectionMode property can be changed through the script from any mode in the runtime
Actual Result: Cannot change collisionDetectionMode property through the script if Continuous or Continuous Dynamic mode is set
Workaround: set the collisionDetectionMode property to "Discrete" in the editor before playing
Reproduced on: 5.4.0b13, 5.3.4f1, 5.2.3p3, 5.1.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Image Position doesn't updated in Editor IF the object is not active while using PointerEventData eventData
- Linear Color Space cause Icons to become darker in Project Window then Terrain texture is set
- "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!" warning duplicates during recompile in Play mode with a Canvas selected
- Physics2d Boxcast distance is less than it should be
- RSQRTE(1.0f) on AMD cpu doesn't yeild 1.0f