Search Issue Tracker
Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets unloads textures that are only referenced by MaterialPropertyBlocks
When using a MaterialPropertyBlock to set a texture for a material, if the texture not referenced somewhere else, it gets unloaded when calling Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the scene MaterialPropertyBlock.unity
2. Enter Play Mode
3. Note that the texture on the cube is loaded at runtime
4. Press Space to call Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets
Result: Note that the cube turns to black.
Note: Removing the [PerRendererData] attribute from the _MainTex property of the ShaderTest shader shows how after unloading unused assets the texture used by the material becomes null.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0b2, 2017.1.0f2, 5.6.2p2, 5.5.4p1.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [instability] assetBundleVariant YAML parse issue in HDRP package: DebugDisplayLatlong.sha
- Native object references for some object types are always 0 in the memory profiler
- [Android] InputField.onEndEdit is not called when turning off the TouchScreenKeyboard on an Android device
- Acute shadow acne when using two overlapping spotlights
- Raycast made on UI with multiple graphic Raycasters sort strangely when being on the same sorting layer and order