Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Resources.Load returns 'False' in OnPostprocessAllAssets when the Asset was externally changed and loaded in [InitializeOnLoad]
How to reproduce:
1. Open "Assets/Resources/SampleAsset.asset" from the "case_1362489" project with a text editor
2. Change the last line(numberField: N) into another number and save
3. Open the project in the Editor
4. Observe the Console log
Expected result: AssetPostprocessor load result returns 'True'
Actual result: AssetPostprocessor load result returns 'False'
Reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2020.3.21f1, 2021.1.26f1, 2021.2.0b16, 2022.1.0a12
Note 1: Commenting [InitializeLoad] in the script results to the Expected result
Note 2: Opening the project after an upgrade/downgrade might result to the Actual result without following the repro steps. In that case, before following them - restart the Editor
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0
- The Physics 2D Profiler module does not display the information about processed physics in the scene when profiling the application as a Development Build
- A Script Component that has a serialized custom class is not detecting changes in the first boolean variable when entering the Play mode with the Script Components GameObject opened in the Inspector
- “SendMessage cannot be called during Awake“ warnings appear when loading a scene with “LoadSceneAsync“ if using UI Toolkit in the scene