Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
RenderTexture wrap mode does nothing
RenderTextures completely ignores the wrap mode set in the inspector when they are sampled in a shader.
Tested in 2020.2.0b8 and 2020.1.0f1
- Import the UnityPackage attached and load the Repro scene
- Look at the cube which has a material with a RenderTexture assigned to it
- The texture doesn't tile even if the wrap mode is set to Repeat in the RenderTexture settings.
Alternative Repro from scratch:
- Create a new Scene
- Create a new Render Texture in the project window and set it as a target in the camera
- Create a new material and assign the render texture to the albedo
- In the material inspector, change the UV tiling to 5 and update the Render texture wrap mode to repeat
- Observe that the texture doesn't repeat itself.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Scene is brighter in Standalone player if it was open in the Editor at build time
- [Search Picker] Undoing selection in unity while the picker is opens doesn't close the picker
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible