Search Issue Tracker
ReloadAssembly -> EndReloadAssembly processing freezes Editor for minutes
Almost every action in Editor requires Application.UpdateScene and domain reload.
It happens in different actions, like starting playmode in project, but the easiest way to reproduce is:
0. Create a new project.
1. Enable profiler.
2. Enable Profiler - Editor - Deep profile.
Actual result: You will see Application.UpdateScene. If you go to profiler you'll see the peak of EndReloadAssebly.
You can find attached screenshots from profiler and https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hndkeakq6o2mvo/deepprofile.data?dl=0 profiler snapshot from there.
In Dots-Shooter this issue raises to 12+ mins of waiting for every action to be done.
Reproduces for 27094 version.
Reproduces in 2019.3.15f1, 2020.0.b9 and later.
ReloadAssembly is alrealy higher on empty project in 2019.2.9f1.
Does not reproduce in 2018.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unexpected exception System.DllNotFoundException" error thrown in the Console window when creating a project with 2D (URP) Template
- [Backport] [XR SDK] [HDRP] XRSettings.gameViewRenderMode does not change Game View Render Mode
- [Backport] [Android][Vulkan] Crash on Samsung Note8 while running gfx tests
- [Backport] Wrong sorting for "GC Alloc" column in Show Related Objects panel of Profiler Window
- [Backport] [iOS] Unfreed allocation errors thrown in Console when executing Build And Run with iOS platform