Search Issue Tracker
Planned for 2019.4, 2020.1
ReloadAssembly -> EndReloadAssembly processing freezes Editor for minutes
Almost every action in Editor requires Application.UpdateScene and domain reload.
It happens in different actions, like starting playmode in project, but the easiest way to reproduce is:
0. Create a new project.
1. Enable profiler.
2. Enable Profiler - Editor - Deep profile.
Actual result: You will see Application.UpdateScene. If you go to profiler you'll see the peak of EndReloadAssebly.
You can find attached screenshots from profiler and https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hndkeakq6o2mvo/deepprofile.data?dl=0 profiler snapshot from there.
In Dots-Shooter this issue raises to 12+ mins of waiting for every action to be done.
Reproduces for 27094 version.
Reproduces in 2019.3.15f1, 2020.0.b9 and later.
ReloadAssembly is alrealy higher on empty project in 2019.2.9f1.
Does not reproduce in 2018.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project