Search Issue Tracker
ReloadAssembly -> EndReloadAssembly processing freezes Editor for minutes
Almost every action in Editor requires Application.UpdateScene and domain reload.
It happens in different actions, like starting playmode in project, but the easiest way to reproduce is:
0. Create a new project.
1. Enable profiler.
2. Enable Profiler - Editor - Deep profile.
Actual result: You will see Application.UpdateScene. If you go to profiler you'll see the peak of EndReloadAssebly.
You can find attached screenshots from profiler and https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hndkeakq6o2mvo/deepprofile.data?dl=0 profiler snapshot from there.
In Dots-Shooter this issue raises to 12+ mins of waiting for every action to be done.
Reproduces for 27094 version.
Reproduces in 2019.3.15f1, 2020.0.b9 and later.
ReloadAssembly is alrealy higher on empty project in 2019.2.9f1.
Does not reproduce in 2018.4
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices
- Misleading upgrade prompt when opening Project from Hub with an incremented project version