Search Issue Tracker
[Regression][Windows] Tree prefab with no reference to Hierarchy appears on terrain when dragging foliage prototype
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and t1 scene on Windows;
2. Select Terrain gameobject in the Hierarchy;
3. In the Inspector go to 'Place Trees' tab;
4. Click Edit Trees - Add tree;
6. In the Project folder open Assets -> Free_SpeedTrees;
7. Drag 'Broadleaf_Desktop.spm' to 'Tree Prefab' field of 'Add Tree' popup in such way that this prefab is also raycasted on terrain in Scene view (see attached video for clarity).
- Tree prefab is dragged to 'Tree Prefab' field of 'Add Tree' popup;
- Tree prefab, dragged to 'Add Tree' field isn't rendered in Scene view on terrain.
Tree prefab is rendered on Terrain. See attached video.
Regression introduced in Unity 2017.1.0a4
- If selected in Scene view, this dragged tree prefab has no reference to Hierarchy and cannot be removed by undo;
- Reproducible in 2017.1.0a4; not reproducible in 2017.1.0a3, 5.6.0f1, 5.5.2p1;
- Reproducible only on Windows 10, not reproducible on OSX 10.12.3;
- Also happens when dragging TreeCreator prefabs to 'Add Tree' popup and other prefabs to 'Add Detail Mesh' popup.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor becomes unresponsive and memory allocation errors are spammed in the Console when Generating Lightning
- Crash on BatchApplyPropertiesFromSourceAssetDB when opening a specific project
- Scene view Camera cannot be moved with WASD/QE keys when the Right Mouse Button is held down and the Mouse is not moved
- Crash when calling default interface method from virtual method with same name
- [Android] Unity does not include the ".aab" extension for an AppBundle when it is built via script with the buildPlayerOptions.locationPathName = "AppName.apk" and EditorUserBuildSettings.buildAppBundle = true