Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.7f1
Fixed in 2019.1.X, 2019.2.X
[Regression] Window as a Transparent overlay fails when using DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea in the 2019.1 versions
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user-submitted project ("TransparentWindow.zip") and open "Scene"
2. Build the project and run it
3. In the standalone Player observe the background around the Cube Object
Expected result: The background is transparent, displaying whatever window that is behind the standalone build
Actual result: The background is black and doesn't display any other windows behind it
Reproduced in: 2019.1.0a12,
Not reproducible in: 2018.3.1f1, 2017.4.17f1
Dec 22, 2018 23:25
Tautvydas-Zilys on the forums: "It looks like it got broken because DwmExtendFrameIntoClientArea function doesn't work with flip-model swapchains, and in 2019.1 we switched our D3D11 implementation to use flip-model swapchain because it is more performance and supports technologies like GSync and FreeSync."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.1.7f1):
Note: The fix was to add a checkbox to player settings ("Use DXGI Flip Model Swapchain for D3D11") that makes the Standalone player use old (pre 2019.1) behaviour.
Fixed in: 2019.1.7f1, 2019.2.0b6, 2019.3.0a2