Search Issue Tracker
Under Consideration for 2023.2.X, 2023.3.X
Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
1. Create a new 3D project
2. Open the Terminal in the directory in which the project exists
3. Initialize the Git repository with ‘git init’
4. Open the “Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity” scene
5. In the Project window, create a new C# Script
6. Open the created C# Script with Rider IDE
7. Add some code to the C# Script, such as “Debug.log(“test“);” in the Start() method, and save the file
8. In the Unity Editor, in the Hierarchy window, add any GameObject, but do not save the scene
9. Open the Rider IDE and enable the check next to “Changes” to select all the changed files
10. Write a commit message and click “Commit”
Expected result: Rider commits without any warnings
Actual result: Rider throws an “Unsaved Unity State“ warning
Alternative repro steps:
1. Import the attached UUM-49819-DirtyAssets.unitypackage2.
2. Open Window->UI Toolkit->TestAssetDirty
3. Save the scene using file->save
4. Click "Scan for dirty assets"
5. Should show that "everything is clean"
6. Open Editor/TestTemplate in the UIBuilder
7. Press save again to make sure everything is saved
8. Click Scan for dirty assets
Expected: "Everything is clean!"
Actual: "Dirty Asset:Assets/Editor/MainStyle.uss"
Reproducible with: 2021.3.30f1, 2022.3.10f1, 2023.1.15f1, 2023.2.0b11, 2023.3.0a7
Reproducible on: Ubuntu 23.04, Windows 10 Pro 22H2
Not reproducible on: no other environments tested
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator
- "Object.FindObjectsOfType<T>() is obsolete" warning is thrown when using "Transitions Plus" asset