Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Recovery GameObject is created when opening scene with missing Prefab as a child of other GameObject
1. Open attached project "1299744.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene"
3. Create a new GameObject in the Hierarchy window
4. Drag new GameObject to Assets folder in Project window to make it into a Prefab
5. Save the Scene
6. Delete newly created Prefab from Assets folder
7. Reopen "SampleScene"
8. Drag GameObject to "Parent"
9. Save the Scene and reopen it
Expected result: No Recovery GameObject is created after reopening a Scene with missing Prefab as a child of other GameObject
Actual result: Recovery GameObject is created after reopening a Scene with missing Prefab as a child of other GameObject
Reproducible with: 2020.1.12f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.0f1, 2021.1.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.11f1
Oct 08, 2022 10:39
Also reproducible in 2020.3.14f1
Jan 06, 2021 04:46
Also reproducible in 2020.2.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a9
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.23f1