Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Re-serialization make changes to Nested Prefabs
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download 1162736_repro.zip project
2. Open project with deleted Library
3. In toolbar select Repro -> Resterilize. Will resterilize all prefabs, forcing them to be resaved.
4. Check changes in TortoiseHG
5. Notice that some of the prefabs were change
5. Close and reopen the project
6. Resterilize once more
7. Check changes in TortoiseHG
8. Notice that second reserialization revert change prefabs
9. Re-serializing third time won't make any changes until the Library folder is removed.
Expected results: Serialization should not modify prefabs
Actual results: Serialisation modifies prefabs
Reproduced with: 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.8f1, 2018.4.3f1
With the original project re-serialization, constantly modifies some of the prefabs, there is no need to delete the Library folder or reopen the project.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException” and “Assertion failed on expression” errors are logged when starting Server in Play mode
- [iOS] App freezes and the "You can attach a managed debugger now if you want” message doesn’t show up when running the app on iOS devices with the "Wait For Managed Debugger" setting enabled
- TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput set from "true" to "false" when TextField is clicked in Android builds
- [Android] ReadPixels gives different results when using Vulkan on some devices
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
Dec 02, 2021 19:06
I had this issue with a heavily nested prefab. I had made a change to add AspectRatioFitter, and suddenly all the nested instances' parents were showing up as changed with every save.
After trying several things, I realized the prefab was hanging off the edge of the Canvas in prefab mode, and anchored left. So I anchored it center and moved it to the middle of the page, and the issue stopped.
I suspect ASF was having trouble reporting its size to nested instances.
Feb 02, 2021 14:15
In which version of 2020.1 is this fixed? I have gone through Release Notes of each version and haven't found this issue in the known issues.
I am still seeing this problem in 2020.1.6f1 version.
Oct 21, 2019 14:50
Same here, exactly same behavior, ordering of modifications changes. (Unity 2019.2.9f1)
It's big issue for us, because we use nested prefabs heavily and this change triggers reimport of all dependent prefabs, which can take minutes. Worse this happens when prefab is clicked in project, because it opens it in inspector and then it saves it right away.
Naive approach to fixing this seems like sorting modifications by property path.
Oct 15, 2019 11:57
Happens in 2019.2.1f1 and is very annoying, because saving can now take multiple minutes, so we have to be very aware of when we press Ctrl+S.
Oct 08, 2019 15:07
We're seeing this in 2019.2.0f1 as well.
Sep 13, 2019 13:00
I have experienced this issue on every LTS release so far (currently 2018.4.8f1)